Check Out My Website!

Monday, November 18, 2013

Medusa Self-Portrait Update...finished piece



     
Medusa, finished piece, 24"x36" acrylic on canvas
MEDUSA

My idea behind this piece was to use myself as the subject. Rarely are black people used in myths as characters. We as a people dont have many fantasy characters or stories, and I wanted to generate that. I also wanted to touch on our relationship as humans with our brethren...animals. Medusa is the first piece in a series of portraits I call "Bipedal-Quadrupedalism"; an exploration in fear, love, hate, connection, the morphing of human/animals, the equality of both, the domination man has over animals and the fantasy of being one with them.







I've been working on this painting for months now, getting close to being done!

No comments:

Post a Comment